|"May the road
rise up to meet
you. May the
wind be always
at your back."
|> Proper Running Form
|Runners Health Tips|
|Proper Running Form
|Please join us in our crusade to help fight cancer and to promote fitness by offering a healthier
lifestyle for everyone.
|Life begins with a Step. We venture along the highway until
we reach our destination.
Come - run with us and help fight Cancer along the way. Help us save a life.
|It’s best to think of proper running form “from top to bottom”.
• Hold you head still and keep your face relaxed;
• Look at the ground, about 15-20 yards ahead of you;
• Keep your elbows loosely bent—your hands should be about waist-high;
• Keep your arm swing going straight forward and back – don’t let your arms come across your body;
• During longer distances, your hands should only “travel” about 12 inches;
• Minimize your gait (the distance between your knees at full stride);
• Your feet should strike the ground on the outside middle (not the heel), and your weight should then
immediately roll forward toward your toes.
Good Habits come with lots of practice – take inventory of your running posture consistently, and stay
focused – “from top to bottom”.
|© 2010 Step-by-Step Charitable Foundation
|For More Information
"Like" Us on Facebook
|Ocean to Sound
Sunday, September 27, 2015
Jones Beach, NY
Contact Us For More Info